[CBQ] Geeps at Oregon

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Geeps at Oregon
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 23:30:49 EDT
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1241580738; bh=+VzdQYxMJDV+6Mj3Xu8nVuH1IFtuNtPIlRB7TWxZ4Ck=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=TGMzQyaT7NAWZFU2jNc2/EC38I5/qGRdlkZaHTUaq3Kzf4Pq6KeXRjdj6a05gJAxpvg4PeB5XvRVn5q0PEVJKjBxDazcGjJJfzmni8CCW4b7adRzgOvgZ9dIfFCv1dDX
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Russ,

You are right about Western Springs. Courtesy of the UTU files I have
copies of some Ass't. Sup't. and trainmasters notices from the 50's for
suburban
 job postings. These notices get into the real detail of which job does
what so  the crews knew what job to bid.Per the 4/27/56 notice from Trainmaster
I.C.  Ethington(who we know later ranked a bit higher in the Q org.)  #113
on  Monday,Tuesday and Weds was to set out express cars at Western Springs.
The  # of dinkies handling working and sealed express and  baggage
cars,handling  newspapers,setting out and picking up express cars at various
stations
is really  interesting. I'm still looking for an interview article of an
REA man where I  thought he talked about La Grange.

As early as April 24,1952 #262 is assigned to take the MT Morris  mail into
Chicago. I believe somewhere in the past we discussed which thru train
used to bring the Mt Morris mail cars to Chicago. In reviewing timetables my
guess is it was 52 as they had a 20 minute delay at Oregon in 1946 and in '47
 had around 19 minutes in the schedule between Startford and Oregon
departure.  The time was late afternoon,early evening. By 1958 #52 is a morning

train.

Leo Phillipp

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322931x1201367171/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd