[CBQ] Re: Macomb Switcher

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Macomb Switcher
From: "drlaw45" <kandj@adams.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:41:39 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1239712910; bh=YJAeOY6BW6n7gfVrwsOO3iivrHrh7C/+/3N8U3evaZM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=dntcPqdBGTrHYdsMYjJ1ZXPOf037RoenJuO8ypVYWLBIMK9tHpaydsqplqfiAMaFrzcLn22AjZoBN+WrLz41hHB7LrXdM3XvQ6ngETg+FWgj/3SLffHY5255GbEFADbr
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The MI&L was always a marginal road. Amazingly enough, portions of the roadbed
can still be traced, especially in Industry, Illinois. You can see the line
curving into town from the north side of town on a fill, and see where the old
depot was as it got to the north side of town.

The railroad always had trouble with its line in Macomb, being run down a
street. The line went into disrepair and that got it in trouble with Macomb.

As far as the Macomb Switcher goes, this is the first that I have heard of
that. Somewhere, buried in a stygian grot of stored stuff, I have a history of
the MI&L that I will obviously have to dig out now.

Kam Miller
Carthage