Re: [CBQ] Pullman diagrams

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Pullman diagrams
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 03:19:02 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1239524285; bh=Y01X9+NYYRxZgEkps/ApSV6zNg0ln6EBn5n3zhSgqf8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=SGh3bbOI+GBT4yrnY5Wx7zAz93SjL+Vb7y5Dk4BDOc2SqG8v/KY+DpnzPhY4abXSNDZBhvCgp4Kn3RKUPYNWWhqyoDjhJU/e2QmvDRO6EU4UIDMJTdvfYmsQohKr5MPm
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
You can make them larger, but they are not really going to help do
any fine detailing.  You can purchase copies of the files that are
larger and have more resolution.

BUT - the Pullman information is rather limited (in terms of
drawings).  There are relatively few in number.  Drawings are also
held at the Smithsonian (even fewer), in private hands and of course,
at the Pullman Library at the IRM.  The Pullman Library has well over
a million drawings, and they include Standard Steel - which is
important for the Q due to the head end cars built there.

Just remember - all drawings are shown as looking DOWN through the
car, from the roof.  That means the underbody is drawn as it would
appear could you see through the floor - NOT if you turned the car
over.  That little mistake has made a lot of drawings and models have
mirror images of the correct layout.

The Newberry also has the Q archives.