RE: [CBQ] West Burlington Shop

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] West Burlington Shop
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:56:56 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1239127184; bh=VO4zYRQIqMZkZf3PH8PjC5TkqneCWYZtxPpUDdlmZHI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:Importance:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FrTudlhrI7x0Xh1kwtEQviE6I0pd/2XsFVZ4neyq3t0G1UTlTXOvmRvmJJu6xKJ2qUbRZHgHbWoxsMLbSMu9L4SRFtlMp//wMa4n9EKvHU5VfWNNwC+csr3mp+7xs7ri
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Bill,

The answer to your question depends upon what dates you're looking for.  The
shops have been in existance since 1886.  The shops up to the later days of
the CB&Q had several buildings, but after the main erection shop was
completed in 1917, none to my knowledge were used for placing locos for
repairs.

The number of locomotives in the shop at any one time would depend upon what
type of locos needed repair.  A GE 44-tonner requires a lot less space than
an M4!

May I suggest acquiring a copy of Burlington Bulletin #27 which is a
comprehensive history of the West Burlington Shops.  Follow the links to the
BRHS Company Store from the BRHS home page at www.BurlingtonRoute.com .

Dave Lotz