[CBQ] RE: ALL CB&Q info incl. Express boxcars

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: ALL CB&Q info incl. Express boxcars
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 10:21:54 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1237648989; bh=2grctMc2yqtQBeeaewguEiRRDrKXn5DUnFl1qCF06nc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=tqig8+L+D3g8XvyvFjYnajG1Jsaqa3OX1PZH2IBAfyiucx2hZWfgftmaj+1qBDP77NLlSo4xRRkbt5t9AuOvYnHfhghUt84YZUNwqGrRGL7txqaFzIwUA03Bu50DcVK/
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dustin (& others) - I strongly encourage you to attend the Spring BRHS meet (if
not a mbr, go to the BRHS website to get details, Registration, etc).  At the
meet, the "Company Store" has a lot of back issues of the Burlington Bulletin &
the Zephyr with pics and data on MANY of the topics discussed in this group.
Also special sets of slides, data sheets, etc etc. Also you meet a lot of Q
fans, modelers, collectors with info to share, models & Q TT's, brochures,
passes, calendars, books etc to sell.  There are also Clinics AND some good Q
proto equipment/structures in the area to visit, measure & photograph.  The
City of West Chicago has 3 sites for the municipal museum including a
traditional bldg with a lot of Q material, the original restored wood depot AND
the Kruse house (once occupied by a couple who both worked for the Q and has at
least one unique feature for a typcial RR family in days gone by when Dad was
in train service).  I was an Alderman in WeGo for 10 yrs & my district included
downtown.  We acquired a lot of old Q records from the Crook Warehouse via BN
and have professional staff at the museums to explain & share the holdings.

Questions can be answered FAR better at a meet than on these pages.  See you at
West Chicago!  (or Rockford in the fall)

Gerald