[CBQ] +Re:Savanna Depot

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] +Re:Savanna Depot
From: "andrewkoetz" <andrewkoetz@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 00:55:04 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1235436905; bh=Jzjqp9tfNS1aVjwG+2J4dmRrkOnscWhlWAECzDI03JI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FcMgCySg0OuCLL7QgkxnHrpiM9X7qvRJ67jgcAMUYoe4LP98cTUmbcNCYAyPpfKU4FxfmtVz/cOwx+uLz5HUiENp5xjjDtPMSH/9TdGtqrCxXqNJ7ZodFpaGLcKTYazX
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am sure the book is in the house, mom and I have been moving things
around, and "consolodating" RR stuff in one location and dads FD
stuff in another

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, rgortowski@... wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Savanna was a more than 200' substantial, brick depot that served
as a
> division point between the Aurora and LaCrosse divisions.  My guess
is that  there
> were company offices on the second floor.  It is an impressive
structure.  If
> you have Mike Spoor's CB&Q in Color, volume 2, there is  a great
photo of it
> on pages 66 and 67.  It is right on the Mississippi  River and a
few miles
> south of the spectacular Mississippi Palisades State  Park. From
Savanna on, the
> tracks hug the river (where nature smiles -  three hundred
miles...)  Oh to be
> able to take a round end Obs car to  Minneapolis...
>

> In a message dated 2/22/2009 4:58:30 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> andrewkoetz@... writes:
>

> Normally the second floor of a depot was reserved for the station
agents
> "home away from home", that is if it was in a remote location.
Station agens
> have been known to raise families at their place of employment. I
know I am
> painit with a "broad brush". But you can page thru old TRAINS
magazines, and
> other publications, and pick any RR. The second floor was usually
reserved for
> the station agent.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been  removed]
>

> **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in
just 2 easy
> steps!
> (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?