RE: [CBQ] Re: Prati device

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Prati device
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:41:55 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1234402919; bh=PzmRx6377XOjwFGD+spyJLwYDRZ0ppTsNqwKo22MqxY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ONkdNRFapRxnBLPssTZBarQtOpN15cN8Z6OQgDyMv8t6mWKgv/ECajaSniRgqfXUPbBDwjpGO7BZqb/699KH/RHgXtttpXhq8XFow1ryGIji2Nrq0BHSpLtZQRinOyn8
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This has the makings of a good BB or Zephyr article - all the specially
equipped cars AND 'what' each meant.  I have some interior photos of National
reefers for example with special internal decks I'd loan to whomever wants to
do such an article.  Most of the special equipment was generic (i.e. used by
other RR's & supplied by RR supply companies) but there were some less common
devices used by the Burlington.
Gerald

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.comFrom: danielbenvenuto@yahoo.comDate: Wed, 11 Feb 2009
22:58:06 +0000Subject: [CBQ] Re: Prati device

Kenneth:Enrico Prati was one of the partners in a company called Italian
SwissCompany that manufactured wines in Asti, California (Sonoma Valley).He was
the plant superintendent at Asti and found this solution inorder to avoid or
diminish bottle breakage when wines were shippedfrom California to the East
Coast markets. Best regards,Daniel Benvenuto --- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com,
Kenneth Martin <kmartin537@...> wrote:>> Rupert,> > I don't know if this is it
or not. I checked Google patents and found a > couple of patents for Prati one
of which is 2548057 issuted to Enrico > Prati in 1946. It is for "Carload
adjustment means" From theapplication:> "This invention relates to means for
adjusting the load in a railroad > car or the like for the prupose of providing
a compact load in transit > and for facilitating removal of the load at its
point of destinaltion."> > Maybe someone else knows more and can contribute.> >
Ken Martin> > > Rupert & Maureen wrote:> > >In 1944, XM-32 box cars #32097 and
32474 were fitted with a Pratidevice. The device was removed from #32097 in
October 1965 but I don'tknow the fate of the one in #32474.> >> >Anyway, I've
tried Googling without success so can anyone advisewhat a Prati device is/was?>