[CBQ] Re: Baggage Car at Eola

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Baggage Car at Eola
From: "Randall Hicks" <randallhicks@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:43:05 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@...> wrote:

> I'm wondering if the car is the one that used to be in Bloomingdale
in the artsy-crafty antiquie shopping center.
> It was one of those C&NW cars with the roof cut off square like
somebody didn't want to hack and carve the
> Northeastern clerestory roof milled stock into the correct curved
end contours.   I don't recall if there was more
> than one car there, but the car described sounds like it might be
from there.
> Charlie Vlk

I believe you're right!  I just checked on livemaps, and it's sort of
interesting: in the bird's eye views, the car is visible at that
location in two directions and not the others.  Now you see it, now
you don't.  So it must no longer be there.  Also it must have been
moved recently; I was astonished that I'd never heard about a car at
Eola before.  Thanks! Case closed.