[CBQ] Re: Plum River - Location of Galesburg Line Switch

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Plum River - Location of Galesburg Line Switch
From: "pal_houston" <paulaleonard@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 02:36:22 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@...> wrote:

> ......The bridge drawings indicate that this was done in 1964.
>
> However, the reason for my question is that there are discrepancies
in the bridge drawings that tell conflicting stories about where the
Galesburg line ended.  Proposed drawings from 1961-62 indicate that
the Galesburg bridge is to be removed, the Savanna line bridge is to
be skewed slightly from the centerline between the two original
tracks, and the new RH Switch to Galesburg takes up the whole
southerly span of the realigned bridge.  Later bridge drawings
show .............

> Glen Haug

Glen:
I have a set of track alignment charts dated 2/10/1967 that agree
with the information that Russ provided in an earlier e-mail, namely:
YL 53.005 GT-SAVMP ;
MP 53.31 end GT-SAVMP ;
MP 142.33 AUR-SAV ;
Plum River Bridge at MP 142.35  ;
MP142.89 begin Aur. Div. LX LINE  ;

Unfortunately, the alignment diagram provides no more detail other
than the switch in question is indeed on the east/south side of Plum
River bridge.

Regards,
Paul