[CBQ] New pictures of progress on the 57 project

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com, colorado-railfan@yahoogroups.com, earlyrail@yahoogroups.com, pullmancompanyresearchers@yahoogroups.com, union_pacific@yahoogroups.com, dsp-p@yahoogroups.com, thedenverroad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] New pictures of progress on the 57 project
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:53:33 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Evening all

I have uploaded new pics of significant progress on the car this week, i have
enlisted the help of my 15 year old daughter and her friends, and she is now
profficient in the ways of paint stripper and heat guns (home schooling is
great). We have made some interesting discoveries in the Gents saloon area, we
have a metal pipe coming in from the outside of the car which it turns out is
the train signalling apparatus, we have the signal valve still attached to the
outside of the car.
We also have uncovered the positions of corner handles in the saloon (lavatory)
and positions for the water tank. In the main car we have found the (labelled)
position for luggage/coat basket racks between the windows as well, and above
the door the brass ring for the passenger communication cord.
Now for the questions..... We would like to hear from anyone who may have a
basket rack that may be loaned to us for a period to display back in the car,
also a example of a hanging strap for the communication cord, and the holy
grail, the four branch ceiling hung hurricane lamps/chandelier ., either on
long term loan or to purchase.
We know these are long shots but its worth asking.
Pictures can be seen at...
http://mikepannell254.fotopic.net/c1599811.html

Thanks

Mike Pannell