Re: [CBQ] C&S Caboose

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] C&S Caboose
From: Mark Sellars <sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 02:20:58 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Greetings John,

Ahhhh, the Glorious C&S!!!!.

Two possibilities.
 1. A reasonable C&S way car could be kit bashed from the Walthers wood caboose
that came out a couple of years ago. The body length needs to ne shortened but
the windows fall in almost the correct position.
I am using microscale C&S decals.
     I have two on my list of incomplete modelling tasks at the moment.

 2. If you are modelling the Joint Line, well you could always use an AT&SF way
car.
No, this is not heresay.
Lloyd Stagner told me that in the steam era, the way cars were assigned to
trains "chain gang style": the next train out took the next crummie (either C&S
or AT&SF) on the ready track.
Photographic evidence confirms this.

It will be great to hear if others have some good ideas.

Regards, Mark