[CBQ] CB&Q SW1200 (was C&S SW1200)

To: "CBQ" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q SW1200 (was C&S SW1200)
From: "Bill Jelinek" <bjelinek@northlc.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:38:46 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The topic of SW1200's made me recall that we still have a former CB&Q SW12
working around the Twin Ports of Duluth-Superior.  As a matter of fact, we've
still got a few ex-CB&Q SW1000's that seem to be regulars in town.

I know the BRHS has not been involved with acquiring equipment, but if anyone
on the list has connections with the BNSF, we'd be happy if you'd like to put
in a plug for the Lake Superior Railroad Museum.  When they finally decide to
retire any of them, Rice's Point Yard is right at the back door. . .  Hope I'm
not being too presumptious.  By the way, for any GNRHS folks, there's SW1500's
that would look great with the NW5.

Here's links to a couple pics:

BNSF 3503 (CB&Q 9273 SW12)
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=799338