[CBQ] Re:Q Passenger Consists and photos - late 60's C&I

To: <thommack@yahoo.com>, <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re:Q Passenger Consists and photos - late 60's C&I
From: "chuck hatler" <charles.hatler@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:16:25 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Western Star did not run between St. Paul and Chicago.  It terminated
and originated at St. Paul.  Although I am not as knowledgeable about the
NP, I believe the same held for the Mainstreeter.

As a pass rider of long ago, I know that we arrived in St. Paul in the
afternoon on the Western Star and had to wait until late (10PM or so) to
catch the Blackhawk on to Chicago.

Coming back, I think we had a pretty fair connection between the Blackhawk
and the WS.

Chuck Hatler

KC MO

Posted by: "Tom Mack"
<mailto:thommack@yahoo.com?Subject=%20Re%3AQ%20Passenger%20Consists%20and%20
photos%20-%20late%2060%27s%20C%26I> thommack@yahoo.com
<http://profiles.yahoo.com/thommack> thommack

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:27 am (PST)

I just got my copy of Volume 2 of Strauss's Burlington Route Passenger
Trains - Vista Domes and Slumbercoaches (Weekend Chief/Four Ways
West). Although a very detailed book, almost all the photos and
consists seem to be for the late 50's and early 60's (e.g. almost all
locomotives are black stripe E's). For us late 60's modelers, are
there some detailed consist lists available from someone here on the
group? I am especially interested in the secondary trains between
Chicago and Mpls/StP (Blackhawk, Mainstreeter, Western Star).

It seems most shots are of the TCZs, NCL, or EB, but few shots of the
secondary trains. I am trying to put together some consists for my
layout, so any help would be appreciated.

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH