Fwd: [CBQ] Savanna Yard photos

To: thommack@yahoo.com, cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Savanna Yard photos
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:24:54 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tom,

Most likely the reason Savanna roundhouse photos are hard to find is  because
it was not readily accessible. It was tucked up against the swampy  area
between Q and Milw yards more or less mid point of the yard. The  only way to
get
to the house,other than rail was to use the company road  that went right by
the yard office,etc. I do have a line drawing of the area but  no photos. The
thing I found unique was the bunk room above the roundhouse  foremans office.
I'm sure there were others on the system but it was the only  one I was ever
in. It was still in limited use (by Bob Harding in particular)  into the 70s.

Leo
AOL.com.