Re: [CBQ] Prewar coaches with crew dormitories

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Prewar coaches with crew dormitories
From: Stephen Levine <sjl_prodigynet@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:59:12 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1226098808; bh=uZdKHbn6hbrkEi/9egkqxw4yDQdscg2PdWXfA0NoXG4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Im5YzlUngGcqnQIOUm/PZK0ql25D3TD/1ewS5My3/0vEwkl866Efb0AUSbbqU52DLQwxRRjAID45lXdaf3T/gn+3RHMdDGYOGQhc5ckE8OpD11PWjt4vW5xflO+t+NIs
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I got the answer to my question from the person whom I have been corresponding
who had been a coach attendant on the DZ in 1967.  He apparently got the
information from "Rudisell's book" (I have not heard of it but would be very
interested to find out more about it):

"...Silvers Chariot, Spring and Trail were all equipped with a six bunk
dormitory in the former ladies lounge (near the vestibule).  Chariot was done
in 1950 and the other two in 1967..."

The Spring and Trail would have had to have been converted in early 1967 since
DZ40 became a Denver-Chicago intermediate stop coach with dormitory with the
Spring, 1967, timetable.   My correspondent further stated that "...The two
cars occupying the DZ-40 line were Silver Chariot and Silver Trail according to
the Carbone yard line-up lists."   Again, I would be interested in finding
these lists.

sjl