Re: [CBQ] Interesting Q F-Units Photo, Info, and Questions

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Interesting Q F-Units Photo, Info, and Questions
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 14:14:33 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tom,

Track you are in that photo should be right on
Oakland Tower. This would be on train #82. Would
be just running along with a ride on the F7's.
CB&Q did not doubleheader units unless there was
some situation of a very unusual situation. One of
the basic questions would be, "where would they get
an engineer at Daytons Bluff"? Did there send an
engineer from La Crosse to get them there? What would
there be doing? It is dead flat railroad. Would make
no sense and most of all the CB&Q did not waste money.

Actually the units that did MU on F3-7's had other
problems and could only be used like that with other
F3-7's. You could not put say a GP7 in a lead behind
an F3-7. The 6BLQ would involve other problems. GP7
would always have no be in the rear or the middle,
not on the head end whether it had MU on not. GP7,
GP9, SD7, SD9 were all 6BLQ. GN also had similar
problems, NP usually did not.

Russ