[CBQ] Covered Hopper Paint Scheme Questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Covered Hopper Paint Scheme Questions
From: "Tom Mack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:39:42 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The following questions were posted on the BBFCL (Baby-Boomer Freight
Car List) on Yahoo. Can anyone provide some answers to this list? I
will pass them on.

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

************************

CB&Q Covered hopper scheme question "Everywhere West"
    Posted by: "Rick VanZee" razzy24@hotmail.com razzy24us
    Date: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:51 pm ((PDT))

Speaking of the CB&Q, I have a question regarding the 3510-cuft
General American Dry-Flo cars in the 85200-85399 series. These were in
the grey with the "Burlington Route" herald and red lettering.  I've
seen some pics where these cars had the "Everywhere West" on the side,
and some pics without it.  Did they only put the slogan on one side
and not the other or did some cars have the slogan and some not?

Another related question:  On the PS-2 3219's did they ever put
"everywhere west" on one side, and "Way of the Zephyrs" on the
opposite side of the same car?

RIck Vanzee