[CBQ] Painting methods for passenger cars

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com, earlyrail@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Painting methods for passenger cars
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 02:00:20 +0100 (BST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi to all'
   We have begun the wonderful process of paint stripping a few of the
Ventilator windows in car 57, and in the process have revealed unmistakable
red/brown overspray on all the glass from the car being sprayed its maintenance
colour sometime between 1927 and 1947. Do any of you know how early the
railroads were spraying as opposed to brushing ??
  We also have revealed all original fittings on these ventilators including
webbed brackets and sprung plunges to hold the window in at least 5 positions,
plus some wonderful original Pullman patterned frosted glass. And all the
ventilator screens are intact too, first time any of this has seen the light of
day for at least 54 years.
  Photos can be taken if anyone is interested.

  Mike pannell
  Car 45,57,731,513 etc......!!