[CBQ] Car 57, 513 etc

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com, union_pacific@yahoogroups.com, earlyrail@yahoogroups.com, pullmancompanyresearchers@yahoogroups.com, dsp-p@yahoogroups.com, colorado-railfan@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Car 57, 513 etc
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 00:04:50 +0100 (BST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi to all,

  With all the info about Fort Collins new streetcar arrival i thought it was
time to update you on the Car 57 project here in Cheyenne.
  Today she was jacked up higher again and the 51' transport frame pulled
alongside then connecting aluminium beams were bolted together and she was
rolled from one set of beams to the other on to the frame. There she now sits
awaiting movement to her new home east of Cheyenne. All went well without a
hitch, a few 122 year old wood shavings fell out the floor and some coal from
the stove areas as well !!
  We intend to move her on saturday around 1.30-2.00pm via 1-25, I-80, College
drive and Highway 30. If any want to come and see it then call me on Friday
night to confirm. The more pictures etc the better please.

  I will post a couple of shots to the photo sections tonight.

  Thanks

  Mike pannell

  307-221-2371

  Car 57 project