Re: [CBQ] Removal of overnight heaters

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Removal of overnight heaters
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 06:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Let me also ask the question, why were they removed?

Don Smith <rgs0554@yahoo.com> wrote:          Many Burlington GP-7s and some
GP-9s were equipped with an overnight heater unit when
first placed in service. This unit was in an external cabinet with an exhaust
stack mounted
on the fireman's side running board behind the cab. They were present into at
least the `60s.
I've seen photos of them on red painted units. Apparently were all removed
prior to the
formation of the Burlington Northern. My question is "What was the time period
of their
removal?"