Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 3716

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 3716
From: "Carl J. Marsico" <Carlmarsico@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:31:45 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
1-regarding the NIFA Branch, has the bridge over I-88 been removed yet?  I've
been avoiding that area like the plague during the all the recent
construction...

  2-re: U23C's and "EMD Customer Satisfaction"  Other than the better adhesion
and quicker delivery times already pointed out, EMD continued the "we know
best" mentality even after the DRGW PA "incident" already described.  When BRC
was shopping for heavy 4 axle power in the early 60's, it's my understanding
that their first choice was the GP35, and after EMD declined to make GP35's to
BRC's requested specs, they took their business to Alco instead.

  Even in the BN era, other incidents include quality control issues (e.g. CNW
orders from GE after "teething" problems with their SD50's and SD60's), along
with other "screw you" tactics, such as EMD's recall of a good chunk of CR's ex
PC GP38-2's after the expiration of the lease (against CR's requests to extend
the lease), and CR's "response" of a Dash 8 buying spree afterwards.

  CJM