RE: [CBQ] Crow Agency depot

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Crow Agency depot
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:02:41 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Great story!  Tks (sorry we did not get to visit more @ Oregon but Macomb is
not too far away)
Gerald A. & Virginia J.  Edgar 230 W. 5th St. Garner, IA 50438-1404 (641)
923-2573  evenings & w/e's

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.comFrom: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.comDate: Thu, 24 Apr 2008
11:57:54 -0400Subject: Re: [CBQ] Crow Agency depot

GErald et alThis has nothing to do with the Crow Agency Depot whatever, but
every time I hear about Crow AGency I'm reminded of a story my Grandfather used
to tell relating to CA...? My GF was a traveling salesman for the Lincoln Drug
Company from 1908-1917 and traveled the western Nebraska, So.Dakota Wyoming
territory.An old indian got on the train at Crow AGency.? He was hungry and
went directly to the diner and ordered a ham sandwich.When the sandwich arrived
the indian took off the top piece of bread and surveyed the contents of the
sandwich.He called the waiter over and asked..."you cutum ham?"...No said the
waiter....He called the steward over..."you cutum ham?"..same answer.? The
steward then brought the chef out from the?kitchen to see if he could answer
the question...The indian made the same query..."you cutum ham"..The chef
answered in the affirmative....Indian comment..."Damn near
miss"Pete-----Original Message-----From: Gerald A. Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>To:
CBQ@yahoogroups.comSent: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 9:56 amSubject: [CBQ] Crow Agency
depotAm working with a non-mbr (his interest is in the Crow tribe and this area
not RR per se BUT a lot of overlap) re: Crow Agency. Their is a photo of the
little flagstop in one Burlington book; anyone on the list have more info for a
possible 1 or 2 page article in a future Zephyr issue? Tks! Gerald[Non-text
portions of this message have been removed]