Re: [CBQ] 3rd Annual "24 Hours @ Saginaw"

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 3rd Annual "24 Hours @ Saginaw"
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 07:15:19 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Is there any way to get from the Fort Worth ITC Station to Saginaw?

Skip Waters <wgcrush@swbell.net> wrote:          ANNOUNCEMENT!! It's SAGINAW
TIME!!
(Please pass this on to your friends)

Plan on attending the 3rd Annual ?24 Hours @ Saginaw? 2008

Come watch trains and have a good time with local railfans and members
of the North Texas Chapter, NRHS.

In 2006, we had up to 100 railfans attend. At least 5 stayed the full
24 hours. We recorded 75 trains. In 2007, at least 9 railfans stayed
the full 24 hours, several stay 12 hours or more and we recorded up to
58 trains. Let's hope we break a new record this year!

Our Objective:
Watch and record trains for a 24 hour period.

Our Goal:
Spend 24 hours at the Saginaw Heritage Center (the depot)
at 301 S. Saginaw Blvd. in Saginaw, TX.

Date and Time:
Friday, May 23rd & Saturday, May 24th, 2008
7:00pm to 7:00pm, for 24 hours!

Come watch, talk, listen and photograph trains safely while sharing
fellowship and education with like minded railfans and families. Also,
help us promote the City of Saginaw as a nationally known hot spot to
watch and record trains safely. It is reported up to 60 trains pass
the Saginaw depot per day! Plenty to fill your train watching
appetite!

Activities Include:

Operation Lifesaver Rules on ?How to watch trains safely?.

A safe area to watch trains.

24 hours of Railroad videos and slide programs.

Railroad theme games and trivia to help pass the time.

Railroad Scanner broadcast of approaching trains.

Masterboard to record the running total of trains.

Door prizes and merit awards for hours logged watching trains.

Food, Fun and More...

NEW EVENT - "Texas Slide Show Shoot-Out"
Bring 10 of your favorite slides to show during this fast pace slide
show presentation. Anyone can participate, we will go until everyone
has had a chance or the last set is shown!

Admission is FREE, Donations are accepted.

Sponsors:
The North Texas Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society
www.ntxnrhs.org
and Saginaw Chamber of Commerce
www.saginawtxchamber.org

Check out Wes Carr's "Railfan Primer" about Saginaw
http://www.trainweb.org/southwestshorts/saginaw.html

And on Sunday, May 25th...
Don?t forget the 28th Annual Lone Star Railfair - Railroad Collectible
and Train Show in the Amon G. Carter Exhibit Hall - Will Rogers
Memorial Center - Ft. Worth, TX

It?s the premier railroad collectible / artifact show in Texas!

So, if you are not already committed to another event Memorial Day
Weekend or planned on attending the Lone Star Railfair train show,
please plan on joining us Friday night for a quality slide show or a
few
hours on Saturday and have fun watching Trains, Trains, Trains...
Bring your friends, make a full railfan weekend out of it!

More info to follow as we get closer to the event...

Lastly, we are still accepting anyone who would like to put on a
program or clinic during the "24 hours @ Saginaw" event. Whether it's
a slide show, a video, or film or a clinic on photography, recording
sound or video or documenting trains via train logs, we welcome your
program. Any length or subject will be considered. Please contact me
via email or call at the number below if you are available. Thanks for
your interest!

Skip Waters
Vice President, Trips & Events
North Texas Chapter, NRHS
214-987-2888 office (call anytime)

PLUS - Have you heard about the NRHS Convention coming to Fort Worth
this Summer? Check out the convention web site at:

www.LoneStarRails2008.com

Tickets are still available for all major trips. Must be a NRHS member
to attend or after May 15th, all trips and events will be open to the
public for purchase. Don't miss this major rail event happening in
Texas... especially the "Quanah Zephyr" mainline excursion trip on the
BNSF Railway. A once in a lifetime opportunity to ride the ex-Texas
Zephyr line on the Fort Worth & Denver right of way. Rare mileage indeed!!