Re: [CBQ] Athearn SW1000...

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Athearn SW1000...
From: robert runty <brjr51@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 06:44:37 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rob,
  Along with the radiators, the hood door arrangement was also incorrect on the
original blue box SW1000. All Athearn did on the original was lop off one of
the stacks of the 1500. I've been patiently waiting for a correct SW1000 since
they are right on for my modeling locale and era. I'm going to try and contact
Athearn to see if they corrected this problem before I reserve one. Keep your
fingers crossed.

Bob
Rob & Bev Manley <robev1630@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
One of the disappointments with the original shell was the radiator area. It
was done in low relief and only showed the rectangular mesh. I waited for
detail Associates to come out with a radiator casting and an etched grill to
spruce up an other wise state of the art body. Now Athearn has stepped up to
the plate and has fixed that issue. It also saves me from having to needlesly
buy a MP-15 AC because I like that radiator area so much. So I guess I will be
modeling the late 60's Q after all. Let's just hope they don't put gray stripes
across the back of the cab.

 Rob Manley