RE: [CBQ] Galesburg Railroad Museum

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Galesburg Railroad Museum
From: "Jerry Krueger" <jakrueg@neo.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 05:33:26 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I think there is some misinformation in the article.  Congress passed a
resolution, in 2004, declaring Galesburg to be home to the National Railroad
Hall of Fame.  My cousin was involved in getting said resolution passed
after years of working on the project.  They are currently working on
fundraising and plans for a HOF and museum.  IIRC they having working on
getting commitments from companies such as the major RRs, GE, GM/EMD,
Westinghouse etc that have a historical background in railroading or that
got their start because of RR inventions and innovation.

http://www.nrrhof.org/

JAK

  _____