[CBQ] Mty Can W/B

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Mty Can W/B
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:59:48 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Reading thru the BRT/UTU files there is a wealth of info on the milk runs  on
the Aurora/Chgo division,in particular the Shabbona milk run on the C&I  and
the motor car Sterling-Shabbona-Sheridan-Shabbona-Sterling. There are
numerous contents about cream and milk cans. The discussion so far in this
posting
series is about cream. Was milk gone from the rails by your period of
involvement ? Milk cans and cream cans were much different in size.

The BRT/UTU files that I reference are from the late 20s and early 30s and
deal with the removal of the baggagemen handling the cans and the brakeman
bouncing between the baggage car and passenger coaches performing ticket,etc
duties after handling sloshing milk and cream cans. One discussion point is
should he have his bibs on in the coaches or should he handle cans w/o  bibs.

Leo Phillipp