Re: [CBQ] solarium lounges in 1930

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] solarium lounges in 1930
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:09:08 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Anniversary Fleet assignments:
Ak-Sar-Ben - LINCOLN CLUB & OMAHA CLUB (had been renamed by this
point since delivery)
Aristocrat- BURLINGTON BRIDGE, BURLINGTON HOUSE, BURLINGTON LIGHT,
BURLINGTON ROUTE
Blackhawk - MINNEAPOLIS & ST. PAUL
#209 was the spare car

So that gives you the 8 cars - but not "new" in 1930.  Nor were the
cars all to the same Plan.

At 07:58 PM 1/23/2008, Bob Webber wrote:
>I suspect he has the date and/or number of cars incorrect.
>
>There were no new Solarium-Lounge cars built and/or bought in 1930
>for the CB&Q.  Pullman does not indicate any (new) cars assigned to
>the CB&Q.  The other possibility is that someone else built them, but
>Bill Glick's roster shows nothing of the sort.
>
>My guess is that he was discussing the 5 (not 8) 1927/1928 Pullman
>built cars -     ST. PAUL,  MINNEAPOLIS, OMAHA, LINCOLN, No. 209
>(original names/numbers as sent to the Burlington)
>
>209 was a spare car, OMAHA & LINCOLN were (originally) assigned to
>the Ak-Sar-Ben and ST. PAUL,  & MINNEAPOLIS to the Blackhawk.  Not
>sure what the Aristocrat got.
>

>At 10:21 AM 1/23/2008, Michael Grenstedt wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I was reading Patrick Dorin's book Everywhere West, about the Q.
> >He says that for its 80th anniversary in 1930, the Aristocrat, the
> >Black Hawk and the Ak-sar-ben were introduced and among the new
> >equipment featured were eight solarium lounge cars.
> >What were the names and / or numbers of which cars for which trains?
> >Thank you,
> >Michael Grenstedt
> >St. Louis, MO
>
>Bob Webber