[CBQ] EMD Builders Plates

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] EMD Builders Plates
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:54:49 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
During the CB&Q era, my understanding is that EMD placed a builders
plate on each diesel locomotive.  For the earlt FT ABBA and F# ABA sets
that were permanently coupled together, were separate plates applied to
each A and B unit, or was there just one set of plates on  the A unit?

In addition to the locomotive as a whole, did each specific diesel
prime mover have its own, separate EMD builders plate?

Therealso appear in  the photo color books that some EMD builders
plates were rectangular in shape and others were elliptical in shape.
Did these correspond to distinct time periods?

What practices did Baldwin, Alco, and GE have for their builders
plates?

Thanks,
Bill