RE: [CBQ] Burlington Trailways Bus on PBS' Documentary "The War"

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Burlington Trailways Bus on PBS' Documentary "The War"
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:55:50 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
1943, episode 3

Scott Myers

-----Original Message-----
From: CBQ@yahoogroups.com on behalf of John Ziola
Sent: Wed 9/26/2007 4:45 PM
To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

What was the name/year of that episode?

  Thanks,

  John

cbqrr17@comcast.net wrote:
          Yes, that scene was very brief but clearly showed the Burlington
Trailways bus. My guess is that the footage was made outside one of the camps
in Colorado. The mountains in the background and the area that the Burlington
Trailways served suggests that. Some additional reasearch will be needed to
better identify the location. Have a nice day. Jules Johnson

From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Tonight was the third installment of the Ken Burns / PBS
documentary "The War", on WWII.

During discussion of the internment of Japanese Americans in camps out
west, film footage of a bus with people waving from the windows was
shown. A Burlington Trailways herald was clearly located beneath the
windows on the side of the bus. Unfortunately, the scene was too brief
for me to notice anything about the passengers (of course my eyes were
drawn to the BT herald).

Bill