[CBQ] Re: Downers Grove, IL Yard

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Downers Grove, IL Yard
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 23:47:12 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Mike,

I have a valuation map that covers roughly Fairview Ave. to Belmont
Road. It was originally drawn in 1917 and has been updated through
2001. It shows all modifications, but also retains all previous
information so that such things as former yard tracks and the
turntable are shown even though they no longer exist. Unfortunately,
it is large and I have no way to reproduce it. It was provided by a
fellow lister, but since he works for the railroad, I don't want to
compromise his position. Possibly, he will read this and find a way
to electronically transmit the information. The valuation map
certainly answer all of your questions about trackage around DG, then
and now.

As a matter of information, I grew up in DG in the vicinity of Warren
and Seeley Avenue, adjacent to the old coach yard and the lower yard
for that matter. I lived there from 1946 to 1966.

Bill Barber