[CBQ] GATX "Whalebelly" Pneumatic Discharge Hoppers

To: <ACL-SAL-SCLmodeler@yahoogroups.com>, <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, <BNlist@yahoogroups.com>, <MFCL@yahoogroups.com>, <freightcars@sunny16.photo.tntech.edu>, <RPM-forum@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] GATX "Whalebelly" Pneumatic Discharge Hoppers
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:42:44 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
New Product Announcement!!!

Q Connection, in cooperation with Wright Trak Railroad Models, is pleased to
announce our first ever resin freight car kit, the GATX Pressure Slide
Hoppers. These high-quality kits will be produced in two, prototypically
correct versions, CB&Q and SAL.  The kits will be an undecorated, one piece
cast resin body design with stainless steel photo etchings, Athearn?s A-3
Ride Control roller bearing trucks and Kadee® #58 couplers included.  They
will be of the same high quality that has been maintained by the toolmakers
of Wright Trak Railroad Models since 2001.  These cars have only been
available previously in brass, most recently from Railway Classics at
$285.00 each.

We are estimating the price of this kit to be in the $50-$60 range, but for
those who make a $10 per car reservation deposit prior to October 15th the
price will be 10% off the retail price per kit. As always, if there are
insufficient reservations to justify the production of this kit, your
deposits will be refunded.

We are working closely with Microscale Industries and they will be adding
appropriate decals for these models to their product line.

Photos and Reservation Forms may be found on Q Connection?s Web Site:
http://www.qconnection.biz/ Then click on the New QC Kits button.

These kits will be sold exclusively through 2nd Chance Trains in Pooler, GA.

If I?ve missed a Yahoo Group that might be interested in these cars, please
pass this announcement on to them!

Please reply directly to me with any questions.

Dave Lotz
Email: Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net
Q Connection
1918 Osprey Point Circle