[CBQ] 2-8-2 steam engine

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] 2-8-2 steam engine
From: Ray Bedard <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:07:11 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I know someone has the answer. I have 2 photos of class O1A 2-8-2 number 4999.
One was taken around 1920'-1930's. The other around late 1940's 1950's.

The first photo is with a cuckoo clock head light and "tall" classification
lights (older style). The second photo has a sunbeam head light, no visor, and
modern style classification lights.

The boiler front on the first photo is longer and extends almost to the front
of the pilot, the second photo shows the boiler much shorter and only extends
to about 2 feet beyound the runnig boards.

Why was the smoke box shortened?

This appears to be the only modification to this engine. Both photos are of the
engineers side.

Just wondering.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA