[CBQ] AMTRAK crew uniforms

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] AMTRAK crew uniforms
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 16:17:10 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
While steadfastly maintaining my 36 year record of having never been on an
Amtrak train I took my daughter, son-in-law and kids to the Lincoln Depot on
Friday night August 30th for a trip on No. 5 to Denver...surprisingly the trip
went fairly well for them, but they vowed never again to go via coach...it's a
Pullman for them from now on.

However in observing the train crew...didn't get close enough to see whether it
was the conductor or brakeman (guess they call them assistant conductors now)
wearing caps in the "old style" stovepipe configuration...I wasn't aware that
AMTRAK had gotten away from the "Bus driver--airplane pilot" style capts...I
was delighted to see the change...making them look like railroaders again.

I hated it when the Burlington...think it was even before the BN merger went to
the bus driver style caps.

Just wondering when the most recent change was made and any background as to
why such a good thing was done.

Pete