Re: [CBQ] First CZ Consists

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] First CZ Consists
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:57:21 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have noticed in the past that one of the cars on one of the two trains at
that first meet in Glenwood Canyon was the Silver Hostel (there is, I believe,
a picture in Zimmerman's book).  I believe that represents the 3/20/1949 #18.

  sjl

Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net> wrote:
          Rich Gortowski reminded me that there had been a question that hadn't
been addresses on the original CZ consists, the first three leaving
Oakland & Chicago. These are the first 6 leaving Oakland - you can
extrapolate on the first #17 based on the 4th through 6th #18s. I
have found no evidence that there were changes. Note that that might
not have been the case on the 4th through 6th #17s due to the
transcontinental sleepers. I have not been able to dig up consequent
consists in this specific time frame. I do have other information
pertaining to the NYC leased sleepers at a later period.

Note that the placement of the cars changed over time, particularly
the 10-6s and the 16 section with relation to the diner.

3/20/1949 CZ 18 Dpt Oak SILVER BEAR Q Baggage SILVER DOLLAR WP Dome
Coach SILVER RIFLE Q Dome Coach SILVER PONY DRGW Dome Coach SILVER
HOSTEL WP Dome-Buff-Lounge SILVER VALLEY Q 10-6 SILVER GORGE DRGW
10-6 SILVER PLATTER WP Diner SILVER LARCH Q 16s SILVER GLACIER DRGW
10-6 SILVER CRESCENT WP Dome Obs

3/21/1949 CZ 18 Dpt Oak SILVER BEAVER WP Baggage SILVER BRIDLE Q
Dome Coach SILVER PALACE WP Dome Coach SILVER SADDLE Q Dome Coach
SILVER SHOP DRGW Dome-Buff-Lounge SILVER RANGE WP 10-6 SILVER BUTTE Q
10-6 SILVER BANQUET DRGW Diner SILVER POPLAR WP 16s SILVER POINT Q
10-6 SILVER SKY DRGW Dome-Obs
3/22/1949 CZ 18 Dpt Oak SILVER COYOTE Q Baggage SILVER FEATHER WP
Dome Coach SILVER COLT DRGW Dome Coach SILVER STIRRUP Q Dome Coach
SILVER CHALET WP Dome-Buff-Lounge SILVER PASS DRGW 10-6 SILVER CLIFF
Q 10-6 SILVER PLATE WP Diner SILVER ASPEN DRGW 16s SILVER SHORE Q
10-6 SILVER PLANET WP Dome Obs

3/23/1949 CZ 18 Dpt Oak SILVER STAG WP Baggage SILVER LARIAT Q Dome
Coach SILVER MUSTANG DRGW Dome Coach SILVER THISTLE WP Dome Coach
SILVER LOUNGE Q Dome-Buff-Lounge SILVER PALISADE WP 10-6 SILVER
ARROYO WP 10-6 SILVER RESTAURANT Q Diner SILVER MAPLE Q 16s SILVER
CREEK DRGW 10-6 SILVER HORIZON Q Dome ObS

3/24/1949 CZ 18 Dpt Oak SILVER BUFFALO Q Baggage SILVER BRONCO DRGW
Dome Coach SILVER RANCH Q Dome Coach SILVER SCOUT WP Dome Coach
SILVER CLUB Q Dome-Buff-Lounge SILVER SUMMIT DRGW 10-6 SILVER
MOUNTAIN WP 10-6 SILVER CLUB Q Dome-Buff-Lounge SILVER PALM WP 16s
SILVER BAY WP 10-6 SILVER SOLARIUM Q Dome ObS

3/25/1949 CZ 18 Dpt Oak SILVER ANTELOPE DRGW Baggage SILVER BAY WP
10-6 SILVER SAGE WP Dome Coach SILVER SCHOONER WP Dome Coach SILVER
ROUNDUP Q Dome-Buff-Lounge SILVER FALLS Q 10-6 SILVER CANYON WP 10-6
SILVER DINER Q Diner SILVER ASPEN DRGW 16s SILVER RAPIDS PRR 10-6
SILVER PENTHOUSE Q Dome ObS

Bob Webber