[CBQ] Registration form for the BRHS Kansas City Meet

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Registration form for the BRHS Kansas City Meet
From: "Richard Morgan-Fine" <allisd1701@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:30:30 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Here is a copy of the registration form. It will be posted to the BRHS
website shortly if this won't download or print properly.
Richard Morgan-Fine
_____

<http://trains.
<http://trains.com/ctr/objects/images/burlington_route_logo.gif>
com/ctr/objects/images/burlington_route_logo.gif>

BURLINGTON ROUTE HISTORICAL SOCIETY

Annual 2007 Meeting - Kansas City, MO

September 13-16, 2007

Double Tree Hotel - 10100 College Blvd.

Overland Park, KS 66210

913-451-6100

<http://trains.
<http://trains.com/ctr/objects/images/burlington_route_logo.gif>
com/ctr/objects/images/burlington_route_logo.gif>

The Burlington Route Historical Society is holding the 2007 Annual Meet this
year in Kansas City, Missouri. The last time the Annual Meet was held here
was in 1994! At that time, the historic Kansas City Union Station was not
open to the public and has since been restored to its original glory of the
heyday of railroad passenger service and will be open for our viewing.
Kansas City was an important and historic terminus for several crack
Burlington passenger trains, including the Kansas City, American Royal,
General Pershing and Silver Streak Zephyrs as well as a major hub for
Burlington freight operations. The rail-fanning in the area today remains
excellent with the many railroads in operation in, around and through Kansas
City. These historic areas will surely bring back memories of the Burlington
in all its splendor!

This year the Annual Meet is chock-full of rail-related activities,
highlighted by a Friday extra-fare train trip on the Midland Railway
short-line as well as a tour of the Locomotive Engineer training facility at
Johnson County Community College. The Saturday swap meet, clinics, banquet
and special program promise to provide a full day of train fan delight!
Layout tours of some of the most noted railroad modelers in the country,
many publicized in the modeling magazines, have been arranged.

For the ladies, the BRHS Railettes have put together another action-packed
Ladies Tour that includes a Country Club Plaza Scavenger Hunt, a great lunch
at a fabulous Italian restaurant, a tour of the Victorian Trading Company
Store, shopping at an Antique Mall, unique shops, bakeries, ice cream
parlors, and a Circular Memory Scrapbook to capture the memories of a
wonderful day of fun in Kansas City!

Mark your calendars, call your rail-fan friends, and get ready to join us in
Kansas City!

Meet Events

Thursday, September 13th

The meet starts on Thursday with registration and the opportunity to see
some excellent model railroads. Registration is from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm and
the layout tours are from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm (you must provide your own
transportation). Maps with directions to the layouts will be provided at
registration. The ladies will have an informal "Tea and Chat" welcome
starting at 7:30 P.M.

Friday, September 14th

Our day begins with our extra-fare trip on the Midland Railroad. We will
leave the hotel at 8:30 A.M. and travel by bus, to Baldwin City, KS. We
will ride the Midland Railway from Baldwin City to Ottawa, KS and back. This
is a former AT&SF branch that originally ran from Lawrence to Ottawa, KS.
The Midland has a former CB&Q NW-2 switch engine and combine that had been
converted to a power car used in commuter service in the Chicago area. A
box lunch is provided with the trip.

Following our trip on the Midland, we will bus to the Johnson County
Community College where we will visit the BNSF training center. Here we
will be given a tour and some lucky person(s) will have an opportunity to
experience the locomotive simulator. After the tour we return to the hotel.

After a hard day of railfanning, we will have a chance to unwind with a
Social hour (cash bar) at 5:30 pm At this time we will sell raffle tickets
for our first raffle of the meet. After the social hour, we will again have
the chance to visit area layouts (you must provide your own transportation),
or just hang out at the hotel and unwind.

Saturday, September 15th

Saturday morning begins with the BRHS Annual Membership Meeting at 8:00 am
(NOTE: You must be a current dues-paid member in order to attend this
meeting and vote in the election). Following the meeting, the doors open at
10:00 am for the swap meet, the model and photo contest, and the clinics.
The ladies will depart at 9:30 am for their tour that includes a Country
Club Plaza scavenger hunt, lunch at an Italian restaurant, a tour of the
Victorian Trading Company Store, and shopping at an Antique Mall.

Following the swap meet and clinics, we encourage you to visit the fabulous
Kansas City Union Station and do some railfanning of the busy KC railroad
scene (you must provide your own transportation). Make sure you're back by
6:00 pm, though, for the Annual Meet banquet.

At 6:00 pm we will have a social hour prior to the banquet. Dinner will be
served at 7:00 pm - a wonderful buffet with three choices of meat and plenty
of tasty side dishes. Following the buffet, we will have the raffle, the
presentation of awards, and a special program. After the formal program,
we will open up the slide projector. Bring your best slides or CDs to share
with other members - limit of 25 slides or CD photos per presenter.

Sunday, September 16th

There is nothing formal planned, but the hotel will be serving breakfast (on
your own) and will work with you on seating. Here's your chance to get
together one last time with your friends to seal your plans for the Spring
Meet in Oregon, Illinois!

Hotel/Directions

To reserve your room at the Double Tree Hotel in Overland Park, headquarters
for the 2007 BRHS Annual Fall Meeting: Telephone the hotel direct at
1-913-451-6100 or 1-800-222 8733 and ask for the Overland Park Double Tree.
Tell the reservation clerk you are with BRHS to get the special room rate of
$82.00 per night, plus applicable taxes. This rate is good for up to four
persons. The hotel is at 10100 West College Blvd. Please make your
reservations by August 31st to get the BRHS rate.

>>From Kansas City International Airport: (45 miles). Take I-29 North to
I-435
South to I-435 East. Continue to Hwy. 69 South. Exit at College Blvd. East.
The hotel is on the left.

General Arrival Directions From St. Joseph- I-29 South to I-435 South to
I-435 East to 69 Highway South to College Blvd. East. Hotel is on the left.

>>From Topeka: I-70 East to I-435 South to I-435 East to Hwy. 69 South

FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OR E-MAIL ONE OF THE ANNUAL MEETS CO-

ORDINATORS:

Program and/or travel questions: Walter Ohrnell, 816-436-5156,
wohrnell@sbcglobal. <mailto:wohrnell%40sbcglobal.net> net
<mailto:taceys@gpcom. <mailto:taceys%40gpcom.net> net>

Registration, travel or contest questions: Dennis Popish: 630-257-6863,
qchooch@aol. <mailto:qchooch%40aol.com> com

Fill out and mail the enclosed registration form along with your check
today. There is a late fee for those registrations postmarked after
September 1st.

Itinerary

Thursday, September 13th

Registration

4:00 pm - 7:00 pm

Layout Tours (transportation on your own)

6:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Ladies Tea

7:30 pm

Friday, September 14th

Registration

7:30 am - 10:00 am

Extra Fare Event - Midland Railway/BNSF Training Center

8:30 am - 5:00 pm

Leave for Midland Railway via bus (box lunch provided)

8:30 am

Tour BNSF Training Center (in the Johnson County Community College)

Registration

3:00 pm - 5:00 pm

5:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Social Hour/Raffle (cash bar)

5:30 pm

Layout Tours

6:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Saturday, September 15th

Registration

7:00 am - 10:00 am

Annual Membership Business Meeting

8:00 am

Swap Meet Set-up (Vendors Only)

8:30 am

Ladies Outing

9:30 am

Swap Meet

10:00 am - 4:00 pm

Clinics

10:00 am - 4:00 pm

Model/Photo Contest

Registration

10:00 am - 3:00 pm

3:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Union Station/Railfanning (transportation on your own)

3:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Annual Meet Social Hour

Annual Meet Banquet/Program

6:00 pm - 7:00 pm

7:00 pm

Sunday, September 16th

Breakfast (on your own - the hotel will accommodate special seating)

Burlington Route Historical Society Registration Form

September 13-16, 2007

Double Tree Hotel - 10100 College Blvd.

Overland Park, KS 66210 (913) 451-6100

Name (Please print): ___________________________________________________

Guests: __________________________________________________________

Address: __________________________________________________________

City, state and zip: ____________________________________________________

Telephone: ______________________ E-mail: ______________________________

Confirmation? E-Mail______ or U.S. Mail______

REGISTRATION FEES:

Meeting registration postmarked by 9/1 ______ x $70.00 =
___________

(Postmarked after 9/1 ______ x
$80.00 = ___________

Friday extra-fare rail excursion & tour _______x $25.00 =
___________

Saturday "Railette" (women's) tour _______ x $35.00 =
___________

Total amount enclosed:
$ ___________

Please make your check out to: BRHS 2007 Annual Meet and mail with your
completed registration forms to:

BRHS Annual
Meet

c/o Walter L.
Ohrnell

308 NE 83rd
Street

Kansas City,
MO 64118-1247

I would like more information about: Model Contest_______ Photo
Contest______

I'll volunteer to help with: Registration____ Model Contest _____ Photo
Contest _____

Walter Ohrnell: 816-436-5156, wohrnell@sbcglobal.
<mailto:wohrnell%40sbcglobal.net> net

Dennis Popish: 630-257-6863, qchooch@aol. <mailto:qchooch%40aol.com> com

Check here if you plan to also participate in the Ladies Friday Program____

Richard E. Morgan-Fine

VP of Publications and Director for BRHS

rmorganfine@ezlifts.com