[CBQ] Great new NE-10 Truck announced

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Great new NE-10 Truck announced
From: "Rob Manley" <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 21:38:24 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Folks,
I recently retrucked one of my brass Oriental NE-10s with trucks from
the Atlas Trainman North eastern Style caboose. The original trucks
were lead sleds and the Athearn caboose trucks are rollerbearing. You
need friction bearings for that class. I just saw this release from
the Steam era freight Car site and thought of sharing it with you.
Somebody asked me at one of the shows why bother changing out the
trucks. well you can pull about 4 - 6 more cars if they too are
equpped with similar wheelsets like Intermountain nickel wheels. My
little brass F-1 0-8-0 can pull 50 cars equipped that way on level
track.

"Tooling for the "Bettendorf Swing Motion Caboose Truck" is finished.
This will be the next offering from Tahoe Model Works.

I need help coming up with a list of cabooses equipped with these
trucks. What I have found is listed below. Does anybody know of
others? An image of the prototype truck can be seen at:
http://gelwood.railfan.net/co/co-c804ads.jpg

ATSF #1500-2000 blt. 1924-1931
CB&Q 13500-13524 1930
CRI&P 17850-17899 1930
ERIE 04926-04975 1929, 1930
MILW 01600-01615 1929
MKT 796-820 1930
MKT 1-4 1959
MP 815-909 1929, 1930
MP 1100-1119 1930
NKP 1194-1208 1924
PM A800-A824

I also know of Georgia RR #2861 and Western Ry. of Alabama #161, both
almost identical cabooses. Anybody know the complete number series?
How about their sister road, Atlanta & West Point?

Santa Fe sold off some cabooses, some with these trucks. I know of
one going to C&S. And Rock Island put some of these trucks under
some of their wide vision cabooses. How many? Since these are both
post 1960 questions, please respond off-list at
b.leppert@att.net

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV"

He is the same manufacturer of the Dalman 2 level trucks, also used
under some Q boxcars.

Happy modeling,
Rob Manley
Your best modeling pal in the whole world.