[CBQ] GP40 Whistles (horns).

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] GP40 Whistles (horns).
From: "Karl L Rethwisch" <qrailroadman@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 16:31:22 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Q did not seem to have a "standard" air horn favorite.  The
engines I ran had many different types and sounds of warning and
signaling configurations.  Single note and multiple note variations
abounded on the system.  Certain sounds were much more pleasant than
others and certain of these sounds evoke a nostalgic glimpse into the
past when heard today.

One Geep40 had a "hiss" when the valve was opened to admit air to the
device since the "device" had been removed by a non-tethered sand hose
on the outbound track at Eola RH.  Oh well.

During conditions of dense fog and, while operating at track speed
(+), the sound produced by certain varities of whistles, while passing
through the many small towns that lined the C&I, created memories that
were not to be forgotten.

Nathan, Leslie or whatever, your model will be correct.

Karl