[CBQ] Re: FT logo special on RFD-TV w/Burlington footage

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: FT logo special on RFD-TV w/Burlington footage
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:52:55 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rupert,

The 9130 - 9135 were, indeed, all delivered in 1937 with 9130 in May
and the others in October. The 9134 is featured prominently in the
above referenced video. I was able to view it, yesterday, thanks to a
DVR on my satellite TV system. It has a considerable amount of Q
footage in it, mostly action shots. The SW switchers are shown in
service, probably at Cicero. Several are shown as well as some steam
locomotives. Some of the footage was obviously staged for the
photographer who apparently was commissioned to make a sales film for
EMD. As an example, three SW switchers are shown lined up with cabs
facing the camera and then four Q steam switchers, also lined up on
adjacent tracks follow with a caption indicating that the three
diesels can easily replace four steam switchers availability and
minimized servicing.

For those in the States, with satellite TV service, the program will
be aired tomorrow, Saturday morning at 8:00 am CDT on the RFD-TV
channel (channel 379 on DirecTV). The video was produced by Mark 1
Video and is available on line at their website. The title is: FT103
- The Diesel That Revolutionized Railroading in America (DVD). The
usual disclaimer applies. I have not connection with Mark 1 Video.

Bill Barber