RE: [CBQ] Express baggage cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Express baggage cars
From: "Dave Lambert" <dave@dglambert.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 09:06:31 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rupert,

Just a thought . . .

These cars were originally troop kitchens. The troop kitchens-as built by
ACF-had coal-fired stoves-for the preparation of troop chow. On the other
hand, several of the cars were retrofitted with freight car safety
appliances (side ladders, roof walks, etc.) for service as newsprint
haulers. I don't think that retrofitting included a stove.

Mike Spoor: any ideas?

Regards,

Dave Lambert

  _____