Re: [CBQ] General Pershing motorcar and related trivia

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] General Pershing motorcar and related trivia
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:50:59 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Most of you guys...at least the old Q men know that when the first Zephyrs
ie Pioneer, Mark Twain, General Pershing etc began being operated they were
officially designated as "Motor Cars"...I have a couple of old train orders
carrying that designation.  ie  No. 21 Motor Car 9900.

Even through my years on the Q...late 1950's Diesel Engines were referred  to
by casual reference and also officially in Train Orders as "Motors".

Pete