Re: [CBQ] 2970 LO11 Covered hoppers, Below the sill color?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 2970 LO11 Covered hoppers, Below the sill color?
From: Ben de Vries <ben1.vries@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:28:36 +0100
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Steve. why go through all that trouble: Athearn is bringing the CBQ version
soon (in 3 different roadnumbers 183900, 183967 and 183982). But if you want yo
go on, Oddballs made a decalset for these cars, set# 592. Don't know about the
present
availability but you could try www.destinationtrains.com.
Can't help you with the underbody color question but a photo on
page 88 of Mike Spoor's CB&Q Color Guide leads me to the assumption that the
underbody was light grey also as the outlet
openers are light grey and the walls of the bays -though in the shadow -  are
lighter than the black truckframes. But only a former Q employee may be of help
here! Good luck!
Ben de Vries, Holland