[CBQ] Re: Eola Depot?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Eola Depot?
From: "Bob Campbell" <amtrak347@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:53:48 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Murchison" <murchi209@...> wrote:

> I see from CB&Q timetables there was a station stop at Eola. Was
there
> a depot there, or was this just to let RR workers off at Eola yard.
>
> If there was a depot, was it down on Eola road next to the east
yard
> tower?
>
> Thanks group.
>
>      Rory Murchison

Rory -
If you have a copy of BB #1, on page 15 there is a picture of
Eola "Union Station" complete with "flag stop" signal.  Looks to be a
small shelter with a stove.  Don't know if there was a platform on
the north side of the tracks for westbound passengers opposite this
eastbound facility located in the SE quadrant of the tracks and Eola
Road.  Only industry I can think of at this location was Reber
Packing Co. north and west of this intersection.  The only RR
employees that might want off at this station would probably be the
towerman; Eola yard office was about a mile west of this location. I
don't ever recall a shelter at Farnsworth, but do remember spotting
dinkies on Farnsworth Ave. for Austin-Western employees.  You can see
part of the note on the suburban schedule on page 10 of BB #1 about
stopping at Farnsworth Ave.  Cover photo of BB #1 mislabeled as being
at Downers Grove when actually it is Western Springs; 2866 is
westbound, having just passed over Wolf Road.  Although correct as
being DG in the photo on page 10, the E7 powered dinky is westbound
at the Fairview Ave. station.

Bob Campbell