[CBQ] "Q" books

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] "Q" books
From: cy svobodny <ctsvobodny@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:57:42 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Burlington(and C&S FW&D) modeler/railfan has been
blessed during the last 10 years or so by very good
photo books by Mike Spoor, Al Holck, and several
others.  They provide a wealth of unrefutable info on
operations, equipment, right of way, etc.  Each book
provides at least 200+ photos, all on good color. I
count at least 15 books, if you add the b&w books of
the same time frame, the count tops 20. If you don't
have them, get them.  Most questions you have will be
answered.  GN, NP and others have also had a vast
amount of these kind of books also, but, I think the
Q's number is the greatest. --   CY.

--- Mark Sellars <sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> Can anyone tell me the approximate colour of C&S way
> cars in the early 1950s?
>
> The one colour photograph I have shows a way car
> that is darker than box car red.
> Due to weathering?, deterioration of the photo,
> reproduction in the book?
>
> Any suggestions as to which paint I should use on my
> model?
>
> Kindest regards,
> Mark Sellars
> Adelaide, Australia

> removed]

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre