[CBQ] Disposition of branches north and south of Wheatland WY

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Disposition of branches north and south of Wheatland WY
From: "Hugh A. Hornstein" <hornsth@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:08:53 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
There were branch lines north and south of Wheatland WY.  The branch
south left the mainline at Gibson and went southwest to Natwick, about
six miles in length.  The branch north of Wheatland left the mainline
via a "Y" at Sibylee and went west about 6 miles and then south about
two and a half miles and terminated at Hightower.  Both branch
existed, I have been told, to serve sugar beet growers in their
respective areas.

My question is, when were these branch discontinued?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.