Re: [CBQ] Wisconsin Electric and CBQ 'silversides' hoppers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Wisconsin Electric and CBQ 'silversides' hoppers
From: jj dietsch <lcmtv1@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:52:28 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
JEFF  ;

            HI ,   I  HAULED  SEVERAL  TRAINS  FROM  CENTRALIA

  TO  VIRDEN  ILLINOIS.   THE  COLOR  I  WOULD  SAY  WOULD

  BE  '  OLIVE  '  ..    IF  YOU  EVER  FIND  OUT   WHERE  THERE

  IS  ANT  PICTURES  WOULD  YOU  PLEASE  LET  ME  NO  ??

   HOPE  THIS  HELPS  YOU .

                      TAKE  CARE

                                                 JIM  .......................

    lcmtv1@yahoo.com

jeff worones <jworones@yahoo.com> wrote:
          Hi all;

I'm in search of color photos of the Wisconsin
Electric 'green worm' coal gons. This would be the
original 1967 scheme with the large outline of the
state of Wisconsin - not the tan and black scheme. Any
suggestions? Already been to rrpicturearchives and the
fallen flags sites with no luck. The BRHS Bulletin on
the southern Illinois coal fields has a B&W picture.
Good start, but I need to know what color green to
use.

Also, is there a resonable starting point for
kitbashing the Q's aluminum coal hoppers in HO scale?
IIRC, these were built at the Havelock shops in the
late 1960's..
What was the routing for these cars in normal
operation?

Thanks for the help!
Jeff

Jeff Worones