[CBQ] Great Northern Empire updated

To: <SpokaneRH@yahoogroups.com>, <PassengerCarList@yahoogroups.com>, <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, <BNlist@yahoogroups.com>, <BNSF@yahoogroups.com>, <GN-Rwy@yahoogroups.com>, <gngoat@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Great Northern Empire updated
From: "Ben Ringnalda" <bringnal@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 02:22:23 +0200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi all,

I have just posted an update of the Great Northern Empire at
www.greatnorthernempire.net.

Biggest thing in this update is an extensive page on Empire Builder consist
for the 1955-1970 "Incomparable Great Dome Empire Builder". All summer
seasons are covered plus the 1955-1961 winter seasons. Information given is;
car types in the consist, in which sequence, their line numbers and what
sections of the route they were in the consist. More winter season consists
will be added in the future.

I have done my best to include all the yearly and seasonal changes using
sources as the John F. Strauss GN Pictorial books and GNRHS Empire Builder
Reference Sheets, and numerous period GN Public Time Tables. At times these
sources contradicted each other. In those circumstances the most logical
information was used.

With the release of the Walthers H0 Empire Builder this page should come in
handy for those wanting to order a correct consist for their year(s) of
choice.

I also posted several new photos and information I received from
contributors, among them many newly found depots in Minnesota, still active
diesels and other equipment.

Also don't forget to look at the GN in the News page.

Check it out!

 Ben Ringnalda
www.greatnorthernempire.net
www.stnicholasmountain.com