Re: [CBQ] Kromers...

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Kromers...
From: Llarryo1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:19:01 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

In a message dated 7/20/2006 3:15:17 PM Central Standard Time,
teb2771@earthlink.net writes:

Though the website for Kromers still says Milwaukee, the caps are made in a
factory in Ironwood, Michigan. The website indicates that Jacquart Fabrics
makes Kromers, but I couldn't make the link to Jacquart work. Jacquart was,
for
years, an Ironwood company that made a variety of canvas goods, and they
still make a variety of canvas bags/luggage and veterinary items like dog
beds.
It is fitting that Kromers are made in Ironwood, as the Upper Peninsula  (UP)
is probably the last bastion of regular Kromer wear - Yooper formalwear.  They
come in summer and winter fabrics and many colors. I have been to the
factory and found they do not have outlet discount prices to protect their
dealers.
Abelmans, a clothing store in nearby Bessemer, MI, carries a complete  line
of Kromers. Tom Burg