Re: [CBQ] CB&Q's SD45s and U23Cs

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q's SD45s and U23Cs
From: "ken riediger" <riediger@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:33:08 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The U23C's left the roster in 1984 and the SD45's went to the lessor in 1983
then to CNW in 1984 and some went onto VMW later except for the 527 which was
scrapped in 1980. All this according to Del Grosso's BN Annual 1980-1991. Ken

  I bought CB&Q in Color Volume 2 by Morning Sun Books. I really do
  like the pictures of the SD45s and the U23Cs in the pre-merger paint
  scheme. Does anyone know if the SD45s and U23Cs are in active service
  today, or have all of them been sold for scrap? Thanks.