Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Train Forms

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Train Forms
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:22:31 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
It is with a lot of reserve I have posted to the files Clearance forms, Form 19
and Form 31 for train orders and a track car lineup.
First off Model Railroading (IS SUPPOSE TO be) is Fun  Often an operating
session winds up as too much work and no fun.  What you will need to use the
forms are rule books for the era you are modeling as over the years the rules
have changed.  What you need to do is use these as a template to make your own
forms.
I have over 32 years as a train dispatcher working on the Chicago Div. and
region of the BN.  A lot of what I started on was still CB&Q practices and
those same practices were often office practices with the consolidation of
offices bringing in new practices and an attempt at standardization.
With the consolidation of Hannibal and Cicero in Galesburg all Lines East were
in one office( stayed with Cicero jobs)
The consolidation in Ft. Worth started with all CB&Q Jobs in one office first
then the other lines were brought in and even with being in Texas for 13 years
now I have stayed with the Cicero jobs.
SJH