[CBQ] Naperville Wreck

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Naperville Wreck
From: "soocarman" <mitchc2@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:35:08 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
  My best friends dad was the signal maintainer for that stretch of
track.  He said that the biggest factor was the trains were ignoring
the signal because they knew that the train ahead of them was going to
clear the block so why slow down.  I think the ICC ordered the
Burlington to space out the trains more to avoid this from happening
again.
   So is seems to me even if the NP car had the proper emergency light
on it. If the train that piled into it had not gone to restricted
speed or reduced speed this might still have happened.  I was told a
long time ago that there was blood shed for every rule in the
operating code book.
               Mitch